21 August 2009

Rants, Raves and Revelations

I happened to be in Barnes and Noble in Warwick this weekend, looking for some new reading material. As I wandered around the store, I happened to see James Frey's "A Million Little Pieces" in the Biography section. "That's strange," I thought to myself. First, it's a memoir, sort of like an autobiography, and second, there was such an outcry about the book being "embellished and/or exaggerated" that I found it interesting to see that Barnes and Noble was stocking it in the non-fiction section!

Personally, I LOVED the book! I loved the way it was written, and I loved the message. If I am to be honest, I must admit that the thought of the book being 100% true was part of the allure, but I was not terribly disappointed to find out parts were embellished. The message in the book is one of hope and redemption; that's a message that anyone can use, regardless from where the message comes!

Lisa

No comments: